Last week was a very sad week for the WWIN household. While the trick-or-treaters were running around our neighborhood we sent our son out to our favorite gyro place for some take-out. My son called me, quite upset, to tell me that the restaurant had closed for good. This was a small, family run restaurant which I was very sad to see go. Unfortunately in a time of constrained budgets and rising costs small businesses are typically hit the hardest.
I’m happy to say that we were able to follow the plan pretty well last week, with a few minor adjustments. We skipped Little Caesars for a night out at Outback. Since we don’t typically go out on weekends my husband works, I was just planning on picking up pizza but he surprised me by making plans with our friends to go out.
The dinner with my parents was good, especially since my mom brought the desert. One of my favorite pies is the French Silk pie from Perkins, my mom picked one up for me as a birthday treat. Aren’t moms wonderful?
This coming week we have a holiday parade my daughter is marching in plus I’ll be out of town on Friday and Saturday so this is going to be a fairly easy week too. When I’m not home the family typically fends for themselves or my husband sends the kids out for take-out. I don’t even bother trying to plan since they’ll just do what they want which is fine with me!
Here is the plan for this week
- Bake Stuffed Haddock, rice pilaf, roasted potatoes, salad, bread – This is a new recipe for us. We don’t usually eat a lot of haddock but I thought this sounded good and my husband said he was interested in trying some fish for a change. I’ll let you know how it goes over.
- Chicken & Stuffing, applesauce, carrots, cranberry relish, bread
- Spaghetti & Meatballs, strawberry salad, carrots, bread
- Dinner out – we’ll do either half price hamburgers or $1 fish tacos. We haven’t decided yet.
- Fend for yourself night (x2) – their options will be take-out, pizza (from the freezer) or mac & cheese. I, meanwhile, will be feasting at some yet to be determined restaurant. The dinner will probably include a couple of bottles of wine and desert – I can’t wait 🙂
That’s it for us, what’s on your plan for the week? Feel free to leave a link to your post in the comments.
You might also like: