Aren’t these absolutely adorable? I wish I could take credit for coming up with these but I can’t. As a bonus for attending the Taste of Home Cooking School this year I receive regular e-mails from them with recipes. I think Taste of Home offers some fantastic recipes, a lot of which are easy – just my style!
These look super easy to make and are something that I think both younger children and older children would have fun doing. I may try these during a sleepover I want to have with my oldest niece at our house.
I found this recipe at Taste of Home but will go ahead and add the instructions below.
Sweet & Salty Snowmen Recipe
• 8 Servings
• Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
• 8 pretzel rods
• 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
• Assorted candies: M&M’s miniature baking bits, miniature chocolate chips, small gumdrops, jelly rings, Fruit by the Foot fruit rolls
• Dip pretzel rods two-thirds of the way into melted white chocolate, or drizzle chocolate over pretzels with a spoon. Attach baking bits for buttons and noses and chocolate chips for eyes.
• For hats, dip the bottom of a small gumdrop into chocolate and press onto a jelly ring; attach to the top of each pretzel.
• Carefully stand snowmen by placing them upright in a tall glass or pressing the bottom of the pretzel rods into a 2-in.-thick piece of Styrofoam. For scarves, cut fruit rolls into thin strips; tie around snowmen. Yield: 8 snowmen.