Anybody out there love chocolate? If you are a chocolate lover this cupcake is for you. This is a triple chocolate cupcake with white chocolate butter-cream frosting. VERY decadent! I was a popular gal today at our family get together.
- 1 package Devil’s food cake mix (without the pudding)
- 1 4oz package of instant chocolate fudge pudding & pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together cake mix, pudding, eggs, oil, sour cream and water. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until just blended. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl often. Stir in chocolate chips. Turn into well greased muffin tin or cupcake liners. Bake about 25 minutes or until a cake tester (tooth pick) inserted in center comes out clean. Note – this can be tricky because of the chocolate chips. Let cool 10-15 minutes in pan, then invert to unmold (unless you used cupcake liners). Let cool completely.
- 9 ounces white baking chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 cup milk
- Microwave chocolate with 1/4 cup milk in microwavable bowl on Medium-high for 1-2 minutes; stir chocolate halfway during cooking time. Do not overheat. Chocolate will continue to melt while being stirred.
- Cream butter and shortening with electric mixer. Add vanilla
- Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time. Beat well on medium, scrapes sides and bottom often
- Add melted chocolate