Are you looking for a simple recipe to impress your family and friends? It doesn’t get much easier than this – Pineapple on the grill!
- Buy a fresh pineapple. You will want to look for one that is firm with gold to brown skin. The leaves should not be brown or wilted. The pineapple should smell like fresh pineapple.
- With a large knife, cut off about 1/2 inch from the top and bottom.
- Turn your pineapple right side up and make your first cut behind the “eye” at the top of the pineapple
- Continue slicing downward behind the “eye” taking care to not take off to much fruit.
- If you have a pineapple corer you can use it now, otherwise just slice the pineapple in slices, about 1/4 inch think
- Heat grill on high for about five minutes
- Turn down grill to medium and place pineapple directly on grill
- Cook pineapple for about 3 – 5 minutes and then flip, cooking for about another 3 – 5 minutes
I like to serve this as a side dish but it would also be awesome on a ham sandwich or on a Hawaiian pizza.