Stephanie, an Usborne Books representative, recently e-mailed me and asked if I would be interested in hosting an e-show. Ever since I can remember I’ve loved books and reading. Fortunately I’ve passed on my love of reading to the kids and have raised a couple of voracious readers. When my kids were little I purchased many a book from the Usborne Book Fairs at their daycare to help satisfy their appetite for books.
Since my kids are older, it had been a while since I had looked at Usborne books so I took some time to review what they had to offer. Let me tell you, as I was perusing their website I was impressed by the wide selection of books they had. Here are some of the things I like about Usborne books:
- HUGE selection of books at reasonable prices
- Groupings by age allow you to easily shop for the special kid
- Lots and lots of learning books. If there is a topic that your kid is interested in I’d be terribly surprised if Usborne didn’t carry it.
- They support a lot of charities, from literacy programs and cancer research to local schools and daycares. Proceeds from their Cuddle Bear book go to support the Scott Carter Foundation
As I said, the selection of books is huge but here are some of my favorites:
- Are you buying for a kid who has a fascination with airplanes? I would recommend 100 Paper Planes to Fly with actual tear out pages for $7.99.
- Do you have a kid who loves volcanoes? Consider getting them a kit to make an actual volcano. For $17.99 you can get the Volcano Kid Kit
- Want to teach your kid to cook? Try out this free download from Usborne’s site for Pretty Pear Tarts. You can find more recipes like this in the 30 Healthy Things to Cook and Eat for only $9.99
- Entertain your kids with Green Gloop, just one of the many science experiments available in Usborne 100 Science Experiments for $15.99
- Looking to educate your budding artist on famous paintings? I love The Usborne Book of Famous Paintings which gives a simple explanation of some of the famous paintings that have helped shaped our view of the artistic world.
- Learn about the ancient world. As a lover of history I find myself wanting to buy the Encyclopedia of the Ancient World just for me! Not only can you learn about the Trojan Horse and why Julius Caesar was murdered but you can also find out even more about them since this book has a special internet link allowing your kids to delve deeper into their topic of interest.
- Does distance separate you from your kids or grandkids? How about recording your voice reading either Twas the Night Before Christmas or Guess How Much I Miss You. Better yet have your kids record it for their loved ones.
Here is a little blurb from the company website.
You are invited to an Usborne Books & More eShow to explore the world of Usborne and Kane Miller books. A child’s interest in reading and learning is stimulated by the lavish illustrations and informative content. There are over 1500 bright, colorful and fun titles covering touchy-feely baby books, wonderful preschool picture books, early reading books, chapter books, reference books, sticker books, activity cards and a wide range of subjects for children of all ages.
Here is the link to my eshow, it will be open until August 29th. Since this is an eshow, I will receive hostess rewards for any books that you may decide to purchase. Are you ready for the fun stuff? Stephanie has graciously offered a $20 gift certificate for one of my readers. There are up to five chances to win.
Here is how to enter:
1. Leave a comment. Even though not required I would love for you to check out Stephanie’s site and tell me what book(s) you would order if you win. Hint: There is also an opportunity to win $50 worth of books available on her website.
2. Follow me on Facebook (leave a comment letting me know that you did)
3. Follow me on Pinterest (leave a comment letting me know that you did)
4. Follow me on Twitter (leave a comment letting me know that you did)
5. Receive Wonder Woman I’m Not via e-mail (I’m sure you know the drill by now!)
Giveaway ends August 29th.
I’d like to thank Stephanie for allowing me this chance to host the eshow and get reacquainted with Usborne books. If you are looking for an opportunity to offer a show here at Wonder Woman I’m Not you can find the details at the top of the page. Stay tuned for the September show which will feature Lia Sophia Jewelry with Heather as the consultant. Heather and her daughter Breanna have actually done a live show for me so I’m excited to give them the opportunity to share their products with you.