Writing down my goals and working them this week has been really helpful. I’m just going to tell you now, I hit a lot of them out of the park! I even went a step further on my health goal and haven’t had a soda since Monday. Giving up soda this early in the game wasn’t my plan but given my inadvertent start – I guess I’m adding that to this weeks goals!
Focusing on my health has been one of my goals. When it comes to getting healthy, I like to take the lifestyle approach. While I need to lose weight, I really don’t like to diet. I feel like a diet is a short term solution that you eventually stop. I find that I have more success if I don’t focus on the scale but instead identify unhealthy habits. By modifying my unhealthy habits for better options, I’m taking steps towards a sustainable lifestyle.
Stopping at McDonald’s in the morning is a habit I’ve had off and on for over 25 years. There are times when I’ve stopped for a while but then started back up again. I’ve found that the best way to stop myself from going is to either eat breakfast at the house before I leave or have a food that I can heat up to eat in the car on my way to work. My two favorite go tos are my Breakfast Bowls or my Mushroom Spinach Fritattas. In a pinch a bowl of cereal or Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwiches (we keep the healthy option around the house) are still better than McDonald’s.
Here’s how I did on this weeks goals.
- Contact the State to determine requirements for rental kitchens – I’m still working with the state health inspecter. My plan is to see if my church will let me rent their kitchen but I want to make sure that I understand the requirements before I contact them. I previously rented space at a commercial kitchen but they have recently changed ownership and the new owner has significantly increased the financial commitment needed.
- Contact a few different options for kitchen rental – until I know exactly what my church needs to meet the standards I don’t want to put in my request.
Exercise twice this weekI attended boot camp twice and did some exercises on my own that the trainer gave me. Do NOT stop at McDonald’s for breakfast (this is a real monkey on my back!)No McDonald’s this week! As I mentioned earlier I also haven’t had soda since Monday.
Work the calendar I put together. Use free-time over the weekend to write ahead. I didn’t publish as much either here or at Chick Chat as I was suppose to. Last weekend was crazy which prevented me from getting ahead. The week was also busy and I ended up with the stomach flu Thursday night – not fun! However, I did use my husband/kid free weekend to get quite a few posts in the hopper. Participate in link parties, socialize twice during the week.I have to admit that the two days happened late in the week but I still made it!
There will be a few tweaks, but my goals for the upcoming week aren’t going to be to much different.
- Finish discussions with the State to determine requirements for rental kitchens
- Contact a few different options for kitchen rental
- Attend two formal exercise classes this week and do knee strengthening exercises twice on my own.
- Do NOT stop at McDonald’s for breakfast
- No soda
- Drink minimum of one bottle of water per day (I’m not a huge fan of plain water – even with lemon)
- Continue writing ahead. This weeks posts are completed and ready to post, I want to keep ahead of the game
- Participate in link parties, socialize twice during the week
What are your goals for the week? I’ll be linking up at Money Saving Mom.