The kids are back from their week in St. Louis and I have to say that I’m amazed by how messy two kids can make the house. Keep in mind these are two older kids who should know better. Here’s a sample of what my day has been like:
- When I woke up this morning I was greeted to a mess in the kitchen consisting of a half eaten pizza, cookies still on the cookie sheet and every baking pan that I own out on the counter.
- This afternoon when I walked in the door from grocery shopping I tripped over four, you heard me right, four pairs for shoes! Shoes that are suppose to be put away when they are taken off.
- Just a minute ago when I walked past the bathroom I happened to notice dirty clothes on the floor from today’s shower.
I’ve pulled my linguine/chicken in an asiago cream sauce into the lineup. It’s been a while since we’ve had it. I don’t know about Mike and the kids but I’m looking forward to it 🙂 You’ll also notice that I did a cupcake this weekend. I made a carrot cupcake which is without a doubt the best carrot cake recipe you will EVER have.
- Brats (I’m trying jalapeno and cheddar this week – yum!), grilled pineapple, corn on the cob, potatoes and the killer carrot cupcake pictured above.
- Linguine with chicken in an asiago/garlic sauce (I’ll try and get the recipe with pictures up next week), strawberry salad, garlic bread, glazed carrots
- Chicken salad, homemade bread
- Pizza on the grill
- Fend for yourself x2
- Dinner out